Bill Pearl Biography
Bill Pearl was born on October 31,1930 in Prinevelle,Oregon.
His father name was Harold Frank Pearl who was born in 1903.His mother name was Mildred Elizabeth pasley and she was born in 1905.He was the youngest in his sibling.They were three in numbers.His brother name was Harold Pearl and sister name was Fontelle Pear.
He is an american former bodybuilder.He won many titles and awards in his bodybuilding career.His major victory,he is the winner of Mr.Universe 5 times.For the last time he was awarded in 2004.
He was named “World’s best built man of the century”.
His first contest was held in 1952.After that he competed second time in 1953 and won the title of Mr.Universe by beating Sean Connery.He announced his retirement in 1971 after competing Mr.Universe for the last time.He is the first in Bodybuilding history,who wrote books on bodybuilding.He was a great singer before and sang many songs for bodybuilding inspiration and motivation.His famous book is Getting Strong Weight training for men and women.For the first time it was sold over 350000 copies and later on that book was translated in many other languages.
Bill Pearl became a vegetarian
At the age of 39 Bill Pearl became a vegetarian.He was calling best vegetarian bodybuilder.His diet was just eggs and dairy products.
Bodybuilding titles and awards
- 1952 Mr. San Diego, 3rd place (San Diego, California)
- 1952 Mr. Oceanside (Oceanside, California)
- 1953 Mr. Southern California (Los Angeles, California)
- 1953 Mr. California (Los Angeles, California)
- 1953 A.A.U., Mr. America (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- 1953 N.A.B.B.A., Mr. Universe Amateur (London, England)
- 1956 Mr. U.S.A., Professional (Los Angeles, California)
- 1956 N.A.B.B.A., Mr. Universe, Professional, Tall Man’s Class (London, England)
- 1961 N.A.B.B.A., Mr. Universe, Professional (London, England)
- 1967 N.A.B.B.A., Mr. Universe, Professional (London, England)
- 1971 N.A.B.B.A., Mr. Universe, Professional (London, England)
- 1974 W.B.B.A., World’s Best-Built Man of the Century (New York, New York)
- 1978 Entered into W.B.B.A., Hall of Fame (New York, New York)
- 1978 Elected the I.F.B.B. National Chairman of the Professional Physique Judges Committee (Acapulco, Mexico)
- 1988 Entered into Pioneers of Fitness Hall of Fame
- 1992 Entered into Gold’s Gym Hall of Fame
- 1994 Guest of Honor of the Association of Oldetime Barbell & Strongmen 12th Annual Reunion
- 1994 Entered into The Joe Weider Hall of Fame
- 1995 A.A.U. Lifetime Achievement Award
- 1995 Oscar Heidenstam Foundation Hall of Fame
- 1996 American Powerlifters Federation Hall of Fame
- 1997 International Chiropractors Association Sports & Fitness Man of the Year
- 1999 I.F.B.B. Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2000 Spirit of Muscle Beach Award
- 2001 World Gym Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2001 Society of Weight-Training Injury Specialists Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2002 Canadian Fitness Award for 60+ Years of Inspiration to the Industry
- 2002 National Fitness Trade Journal Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2003 Iron Man magazine Peary & Mabel Radar Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2004 Arnold Schwarzenegger Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2006 PDI Night of Champions Lifetime Achievement Award
Bill Pearl Books:
Beyond the Universe The Bill Pearl Story
Getting in Shape 32 Workout Programs for Lifelong Fitness
Getting Back in Shape: 32 Workout Programs for Lifelong Fitness
Getting Stronger: Weight Training for Men and Women
Getting Stronger: Weight Training for Men and Women (Revised Edition)
Keys to the INNER Universe
- “Pearls of Wisdom – Bill Pearl a Bodybuilding Legend” (DVD, 150 minutes)
- “Bill Pearl & Dave Draper Seminar” (DVD, 75 minutes)